Christmas Light Installers in Dallas with Christmas Light Installation in 75254
Notable locations in 75254
Dallas Fire - Rescue Station 56
Shopping Centers in 75254 - Prestonwood Shopping Center
Churches in 75254 - Spring Valley United Methodist Church, CME Christian Chapel, White Rock Chapel Church, Spring Valley Church, Episcopal Church of the Transfiguration, Mount Pisgah Church
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Spanky Branch
Parks in 75254 - Fretz Park, Celestial Park, Bert Fields Park
The land occupied by Addison was settled as early as 1846 when Preston Witt built a house near White Rock Creek. In 1902 the community named itself Addison, after Addison Robertson, who served as postmaster from 1908 to 1916. The first industry was a cotton gin, opening in 1902 on Addison Road.
The community was formerly known as Noell Junction after settler Sidney Smith Noell, after whom Noel Road and Knoll Trail are named.
The City of Addison was incorporated on June 15, 1953. The first mayor of Addison was M. W. Morris, and the aldermen were Guy Dennis, Robert W. Wood, J. E. Julian, Jr., Dr. H. T. Nesbit, and Seldon Knowles. In 1982 the name was changed to "Town of Addison".